HistoryThe Club was founded in 1930 after the London to Brighton Run of that year. Three participants, S.C.H. (Sammy) Davis, J.A.(Jackie) Masters and Capt. J.H. Wylie gathered in the Courties Bar, Old Ship Hotel, Brighton and decided to form a Club for veteran cars, The Veteran Car Club of Great Britain.A Club office was set up in London and finally settling in Fitzhardinge Street, W1. During the mid -70s, the Club purchased its own building, Jessamine House, in Ashwell, Hertfordshire close to the Cambridgeshire borders.From 1976 the Club was run from Jessamine House but the growth of the archive information made the premises very cramped.In the grounds and to the rear of Jessamine House there was a large tithe barn; in 1991 this was converted into the Headquarters that we have to-day. From the time of the move to the new building, Jessamine House was leased to a local College. The College left in 2006 and the building was sold in 2007.The Club up to the -50s accepted only veteran cars, up to the end of 1904. Some time in the 50s the closing date moved to 1916. In the 60s or 70s the dates were again changed to those we have now. No national motoring Club, like the The Veteran Car Club of Great Britain, covered cars built before 1919. During those early times cars that were built from our closing dates to 1919 were being broken up for spares for models that continüd after the First World War (i.e. Rolls Royce-s Silver Ghosts and Ford-s Model T-s to name only two) or being scrapped.Now we are pleased to accept all cars manufactured before 1919 into the Club (conditions apply).

United Kingdom
+44 (0)1462 742818
+44 (0)1462 742997
Regelmäßige Treffen
Partex Global GmbH
Hier erfahren Sie mehr über Classicindex und die Denke der Leute die hinter diesem Projekt stehen.
Unser Impressum
Von Luft und Liebe kann keiner leben auch wenn die Dichter das so verkündeten. Aber unsere Gebühren sind sehr klein im Anbetracht der Leistung.
Sie können uns auch mit einer Banner-Werbung unterstützen. Wie das geht erfahren Sie hier.